Wander through this research brain by clicking on the subjects or (reload the page) right click and choose wander to start automatic wandering through the brain
- Setting up a Proceeds Of Crime Agency (POC).
- Trainings and training programmes on Assets Tracing and Recovery, assets management and prosecutions under the law.
- A proceeds of crime unit within the chambers of the Attorney-General (The law allows that). Or an independent crime unit by (international) federal law.
- Trainings and capacity building for the proceeds of crime law and agency.
- Develop training on specific subjects.
- Assistance when off-shore funds of suspects are disclosed
• This can enable and lead to increasing corruption
• Which in turn can enable money laundering through illicit cash flows
• Which then divert and starve funds of developing economies that are already cash poor and suffer from capital-starvation.
The amount of money that is laundered annually is of truly colossal proportions. ML poses an existential threat to all countries. It warrants and demands thorough oversight and a transnational prevention strategy. The UK’s National Crime Agency (NCA) calculated recently, “hundreds of billions of pounds are laundered through UK banks each year.”