"We have the tools and resources. Managed appropriately we effectively monitor with impact assessments in place"
Executive Summary (including recommendations and conclusion)
Individual Shareholder business and personal profiles
Individual overviews including political, business and personal interests
Threats (including crime, socio-economic, religious tension)
The IDD reports included the following key elements:
1. Executive Summary (including recommendations and conclusion)
2. Individual Shareholder business and personal profiles
3. Individual overviews including political, business and personal interests
4. Cultural profiles
5. Threats (including crime, socio-economic, religious tension)
7. Marketplace assessment
8. Personal Observations
3. A brief history
4. Internal Political stability
5. Regional stability and tensions
6. Relations with neighboring states
7. International relations
8. oil and gas sector
9. Security (Terrorism, separatist movements and organized crime)
10. Health risks
11. Environmental risks
1. Nationwide, where are the largest Diaspora populations/communities located?
- How large and active are they?
2. What are the key demographic characteristics of those communities?
- Income distribution (wealthy, middle income, poor);
- Occupation (students, professionals, laborers);
- Community involvement (politically active or inactive).
- Provide age breakdown.
3. What events triggered their emigration?
4. How do Diaspora members communicate information about new products, services, or common interests with Diaspora in other countries and in homeland – blogging, cell phone, media?
5. Has exposure to outside thinking motivated Diaspora communities to want to bring about new products, services, or lifestyles to the homeland?
- What products, services or lifestyles do the Diaspora most want to introduce to the homeland?
- Do Diaspora members invest money in the state? If so, in what ways (i.e. commercial products, assistance to family, business investments, charities)?
- Do they use certain financial institutions? Do they keep their money offshore? Do they send it via non-traditional means (meaning outside formal banking channels)? How much money does the Diaspora send back to the homeland?
6. What do the Diaspora think of the government in terms of overall general business and sociopolitical climate?
- Is there a difference in viewpoints among various groups including gender, age, ethnicity, religion, and education?
7. What is their attitude towards the business and political support of homeland to the Diaspora community? How does the Diaspora feel that the homeland feels about them?
8. To what extent does the government attempt to reach out and engage the Diaspora? Are there any attempts to influence and monitor the Diaspora population’s values and attitudes which can ultimately impact consumer and lifestyle choices? If so, what means are used to do so?
9. What are the most effective ways the Diaspora communities and sub-communities perceive they can bring about economic and business changes in the homeland?
10. How do sub-communities and social networks affect the identity, belief systems, and economic/political associations formed by specific members or groups of Diaspora? How do these social networks tie in to other social networks, in the region, and back to the homeland?
11. Where are the areas, where the Diaspora congregate and what are the social, political, and economic impacts of these areas on the Diaspora?
12. Are the members of the Diaspora aware of the social or financial impact of extremist organizations? If so, what are their attitudes regarding these activities?
13. What news media does the Diaspora population use the most? TV? Radio? Newspapers/magazines? Internet? Specify which channels, periodicals or sites/themes are most accessed.
Key Influentials (KI)
1. Who are the key influential individuals and entities/organizations (KIs) that may have an impact on values and judgments on consumer or societal choices among the Diaspora groups: political, business, religious, academic, and student leaders? How much influence do these leaders have over the Diaspora population and how do they exert this influence?
2. Leading members
- Positions held within the group/organization
- How did they attain the position (election, appointment, volunteer, etc)?
For each identified Key Influential Person:
1. Does the KI have an affiliation or hold a position within any government entity?What, if any, is the organizational structure of the group?
2. What is the source of power, wealth, and influence of the KI?
3. What are the major issues and demographic groups over which the KI has influence?
4. What is the level of the KI’s ability to change opinions of its members and others?
5. What are the traits that are responsible for the KI’s influence?
6. What traits of the KI appeal to the Diaspora?
7. What is the role of the KI’s behavior in its influence?
8. What are the behaviors or lifestyle that the Diaspora like or envy and values that the KI embodies?
9. What is the role of the KI’s popularity in its influence?
10. Have there been occasions where the Diaspora public has mimicked the KI’s actions?
11. What are the factors that the supporters find appealing?
- Ethnic make-up
- Physical appearance associated with the KI
- The KI’s history
- The KI’s public programs and outreach
- Aspects of the KI’s mission and activities
12. Are there any situations in which the KI has angered its supporters?
13. What are the aspects of this KI’s programs or activities that appeal particularly to the Diaspora?
14. What, if any, are the overall goals and objectives of this KI?
15. What are the KI’s relationships with and involvement in specific business interests and sectors?
16. Business/political/religious sectors the KI influences or controls
- Degree of KI influence or control (in relative terms)
- Regions or demographic groups among the Diaspora with which the KI has the greatest influence
- Does the KI have broader influence with beyond this State? Where and to what degree?
17. How is the KI’s message technically disseminated, and how is it received?
18. Are there relationships with other key influentials?
19. What is the KI’s perception and image in the State as a whole?
20. What products or services are endorsed by the KI?
21. Do companies seek KI as a spokesperson? If so, why?
22. Are there specific aspects of KI personality or public image that make the KI appealing?
23. If the KI sells products, what do they sell and why?
24. Are there any specific images with which the KI is affiliated?
25. Business/political/religious sectors KI influences or controls
26. What roadblocks exist that keep the KIs from achieving their political/social goals?"
Contact us for more information